- Fix for daemon hang stemming from a database trim failure
- Fix mangling
- Make Reddit plugin better behaved
- Better handling of interrupted syscalls
- Converted to a time based item keeping system1
- Exposed keep time configuration
- Added option to never discard unread items
- Added config wrappers
- Better notification of config error corrections on startup
- Fixed unicode input in command line
- Fixed fetch error with obsolete urrlib2 import
- Fixed tag header not updating consistently (read/unread items)
extra_tagsto tag header format string
- Added experimental reader aligns/float status commands and focus control
1: Items are now kept, by default, until they’ve been absent from the source feed for a full day. This is configurable for the daemon at the global and feed level as
Feed.keep_time and is an integer value for number of seconds it needs to be absent before it’s possible to discard.
2: These are the curses wrappers for new daemon functionality as well as other tweaks. You can now issue the following commands:
:keep_unread = [True|False] :keep_time = [integer seconds before possible to discard items] :border = [True|False] :kill_daemon_on_exit = [True|False]
True, then items that are unread will be kept by the daemon indefinitely, otherwise after
keep_time seconds absent from the source feed they’ll be eligible to discard like every other item that isn’t otherwise protected (i.e. sitting in a client somewhere).
keep_unread defaults to
True, old-style Canto borders will be rendered in the taglist. It defaults to
False which is the behavior present in all previous releases (borderless).
True, the client will send DIE to the daemon on exit which will cause it to terminate as if
canto-remote kill had been run. This defaults to
Have fun. Report bugs.