Okay, so in the spirit of the… 10 day update, here’s what’s been going down.
- Found one more daemon bug, potential fix in git
- Stripped about 550 lines of command infrastructure out of
canto-curses, some of which will return.
- Wrote a new style of register / unregister for commands and argument types
- History works! Don’t think I should bother having it remember between sessions though…
- Got root and test completions working both inline and in infoboxes
Most of my time was spent jockeying the readline infrastructure. It kinda sucks when you’re dealing with a standard library that’s only half-implemented. I kept trying to figure out how I could accomplish my goals with what’s already there, but in the end it just wasn’t enough.
As a plus, the readline C infrastructure I’ve added would be trivial to turn into a Python patch to the official module, so maybe I can get it mainlined one day.